Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a senior data scientist who will work as part of the analytics team in RoZetta Technology, delivering analytic solutions and products for industry sectors and specific clients. The senior data scientist will help optimise current products and solutions, as well as assist in delivering new products based on clients’ specifications.
As a senior data scientist, you will share responsibility for delivering RoZetta Technology’s business strategy and play a key role in engaging with clients to deliver value add solutions. You will also play a key role in shaping and maintaining the culture of the analytics team.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, solid and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy and society.
- More than five years of relevant experience in analytics and/or data science
- Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, finance or another quantitative field
- Ability to code in R, Python or Scala
- Extensive knowledge of statistical/data mining methods how to apply these to business problems
- Advanced ability to implement analytical recommendations and models that deliver significant sustained business impact
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced working knowledge of operational efficiency principals and best practices
- Understanding of emerging analytical and data science trends and their applicability to client solutions
- Experience in an early-stage entrepreneurial environment, willingness to play a versatile role in small team coupled with a desire to help build a global team.
You will demonstrate experience in:
- Delivering analytical solutions to clients that deliver incremental value
- Requirements gathering, business analysis and solution definition
- Working in a commercial analytics environment
- Managing multiple projects under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Interacting proactively with internal and external customers
- Advanced analytical techniques and methods and a demonstrated ability to research appropriate methods to solve customer problems
- Coding, building and deploying analytical solutions.
You may also have:
- Understanding of cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Understanding of deploying analytical solutions into could environments
- Experience in running data science and/or analytics workloads at scale
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working with GIT version control (via GitHub or Gitlab).
If you’d like to join our innovative team send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org