We are looking for a Market Data Engineer to drive and built innovative analytic solutions for RoZetta’s diverse range of clients. You’ll be an integral part of the engineering team and work with our capital markets clients to solve industry challenges.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust, and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy, and society.
The Market Data Engineer will work as part of the Engineering team at RoZetta Technology, delivering data products & analytic solutions for capital markets clients. Furthermore, the Market Data Engineer will be responsible for helping to optimise existing products and solutions as well as assist in delivering new products based on the clients specifications.
The Market Data Engineer will significantly contribute to RoZetta Technology through the following:
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to identify data needs and assist in the translation to functional requirements.
- Analyse data sources to map and source data inputs to support various use cases.
- Identify and assist in building data pipelines to support – data volume, complexity and integration requirements.
- Analyse and identify data quality issues with the data in scope and facilitate the determination of issue impact, root cause and resolution options.
- Assist in designing and implementing data validation rules/frameworks that deliver business outcomes.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all procedures and activities performed.
- Be innovative, proactively researching new approaches to client and industry problems.
- Assist in developing client proposals, solution designs and solution reviews.
- Analyse and evaluate client requirements and assist in developing a program of work to deliver these including estimation of effort to deliver.
- Provide data oversight and advice for client work and or product development initiatives.
- Assist in developing and delivering client presentations including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
The Market Data Engineer is expected to actively make a positive contribution to the culture of the Market Data team and should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion: show a passion for helping our customers and our colleagues.
- Curiosity: demonstrate an ability to gain a deep understanding of our customer’s problems and to continually look to learn new things.
- Collaboration: demonstrate a strong desire to work together sharing, knowledge and skill to get the best outcome for our customers and to build the team.
- Quality: strive to contribute/develop well-designed solutions that are elegant, efficient, and cost-effective.
Required Skill Set:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in analysing Market data from leading vendors
- Ability to implement leading market metrics on data that deliver significant sustained business impact.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytically minded with business acumen.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, or another quantitative field, preferred.
Desired Skill Set:
- Understanding of cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Experience in working in an agile development environment.
- Experience in working in a trading, research or compliance environment.
- Understanding of deploying analytical solutions into cloud environments.
- Ability to code in R, Python or Scala.
If you have the right set of skills and experience to make a difference, send your application to: