We are looking for a talented technical architect with a creative flair, a hands-on yet vitally consultative approach, and great people skills who will work with our stakeholders to help initiate technical project architectures and contribute through full delivery lifecycle with developers as they work through design, build and test.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust, and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy, and society.
The specific requirements will vary, but the core responsibilities are as follows:
- Acting as overall technology authority when required, executing proofs of concept and product selections and making recommendations on technology policy.
- Provide leadership to the product development team to ensure that the product’s architecture remains viable in the long term and can continue to evolve and grow to meet our customer’s needs and make use of new cloud technologies to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Creating and documenting software architectures in consultation with Engineering Management and Development Leads on existing and new projects, ensuring the projects meet both long-term architectural goals and project requirements.
- Providing firsthand supervision and guidance to designated Software Engineers on assigned activities.
- Install technical governance and custodianship over key interface definition and data models (logical and physical).
- Maintaining technical currency by contributing software changes or creating prototypes and proof of concepts to assist the company in assessing the relevance of technologies and solutions.
- Working within agile development teams during project delivery and ensuring work is visible and up to date on Sprint Boards or other tracking tools.
- Assisting in the preparation of project proposals.
- Participation in project planning activities (estimation, scheduling, backlog maintenance)
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or equivalent experience);
- Demonstrated experience in solution level ownership and history of close engagement with engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience creating scalable and secure application architectures using Amazon Web Services (S3, Lambda, API GW, DynamoDB, EventBridge, CloudFormation, ECS/Fargate);
- Sound experience with the Big Data ecosystem; Spark, Snowflake, DataBricks;
- Proven experience principally designing distributed APIs (HTTP/JSON ReSTful, GraphQL highly regarded);
- Very strong experience in a range of database technologies (RDBMS and NoSQL) through specification of data models, solutions, ETL processes, migrations and performance analysis;
- Previous strong development skills in two major languages (e.g. Python, Java/JVM);
- Strong currency in Unix environments for system management and diagnosis;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with software development practices;
- Experience working with Git source control versioning;
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery desirable;
- AWS Certifications highly regarded;
If you have the right set of skills and experience to make a difference, send your application to: