We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to join our team. This role will see you make significant contribution to product development at RoZetta Technology. If you have an entrepreneurial mind and love an agile environment, then this is for you!
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust, and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy, and society.
You’ll be working with software engineers and other stakeholders to design and implement tests that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the system. You will be working in a predominantly AWS and Linux development environment. The test environment is broad, covering; User interfaces, API’s and Infrastructure. Your testing influence will cover at least Unit, Integration and Regression testing.
The use of open source or best practice frameworks and systems is preferred and you will strive to embrace automation wherever practical. This is a hands-on “Test as Code” role.
The specific requirements will vary from project to project, but the core responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring software quality within the SCRUM team.
- Ability to write/or contribute to test strategy and test plan for a given project.
- Set out the frameworks or systems to use to test a given project.
- Help Software Engineers to include Testing in their process.
- Ownership of test environments.
- Strive for continuous improvement and automation of testing.
- Review and accept the testability of stories into the Sprint Backlog.
- Provide test estimates for every Story/Bug/Enhancement in the Sprint Backlog.
- Write modifications or custom test systems for a given Project.
- Govern the movement of stories/bugs/enhancements into the Test Workflow step of a Sprint.
Ensure the item has been unit and integration tested and the Software Engineer can demonstrate that it meets the requirements.
- Ensure test documentation is appropriate, maintained and visible to the stakeholders, such as what tests have been run, success/failure rates, how often are they run, what is automated, what is manual.
- Performance test administration, design, execution and detailed analysis.
- Ensuring the defined Test Process and Software Development Process is followed for each Project.
- Responsible for the overall quality of a given Project and ensures everyone on the team is aware of the quality and testing goals.
- Produce a Test Summary Report at the end of a Project to demonstrate the quality of the system and how it has been validated.
The Software Test Engineer is expected to actively make a positive contribution to the culture of the Engineering team and should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion: show a passion for helping our customers and our colleagues.
- Curiosity: demonstrate an ability to gain a deep understanding of our customer’s problems and to continually look to learn new things.
- Collaboration: demonstrate a strong desire to work together sharing, knowledge and skill to get the best outcome for our customers and to build the team.
- Quality: strive to contribute/develop well-designed solutions that are elegant, efficient, and cost-effective.
Required Skill Set:
- Sharp analytical skills, must be able to break complex systems into small more manageable units in order to make testing and understanding of the system easier.
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience in software testing performing functional, performance, load and availability testing.
- Demonstrate the ability to automate processes.
- Previous experience in browser, API and unit testing.
- Experience in Selenium based frameworks for browser testing.
- Previous experience in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Strong documentation and information management skills – test plan and test case development.
- Git source control and knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Problem Solving: identifying current issues, keeping an eye on potential future problems and seeking effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or Core Sciences.
- Enthusiastic, attentive to quality, and desire to have fun!
Desired Skill Set:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Good scripting skills (Python, bash, etc).
- Prior development experience in Python in a Linux environment.
- Exposure to Open Source Software.
- Experience in large software systems.
- Previous experience as a business analyst.
- Experience with data analytics/science.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering procedures and SDLC.
- Exposure to CI (e.g. Jenkins) and UI testing frameworks.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Exposure to Release and Deployment management.
If you have the right set of skills and experience to make a difference, send your application to: