Senior Software Engineer
We seek a talented Senior Software Engineer who appreciates the value of a quality team, has an attention to detail and can roll up sleeves and deliver. This is a leadership role and needs strong communications and team building skills along with technical experience and expertise in AWS big data and Python/Java.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust, and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy, and society.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the development processes and technology direction of the company and its adherence across projects. They are trusted partners for our clients and are also an exemplar within their project teams in delivery of quality software. They are recognised and respected leaders within the engineering team.
- Ability to mentor and line manage Software Engineers & Technical Leads.
- Act as the authority on software development process for the company and ensures adherence across all projects.
- Champion technology adoption and training so that the skill set of the company is evolving and sustainable for the long term.
- Establish process improvement initiatives that ensures the company maintains its quality standards while continuously improving development velocity.
- Create prototypes and proof of concepts to assist the company in assessing the relevance of technologies and solutions.
- Agree and support the strategic direction of the Architect.
- Perform the Technical Lead function for a team: responsible for making technical decisions, providing conflict resolution, general guidance, proactively assisting and mentoring other developers within the team.
- Responsible for and/or contribute to the estimation, architecture, scoping, risk analysis and planning of key projects.
- Set an example for other engineers in leading the delivery of even the most challenging stories, including: estimation, design, coding, resourcing, testing, documenting, and development automation.
- Able to be the design authority and go-to person for all the components in a project.
- Be a trusted liaison and spokesperson with external clients on projects.
- Lead and actively participate in reviews and other team meetings and directing the team to make sound technical decisions that satisfy business requirements.
The Senior Software Engineer is expected to actively make a positive contribution to the culture of the Engineering team and should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion: show a passion for helping our customers and our colleagues.
- Curiosity: demonstrate an ability to gain a deep understanding of our customer’s problems and to continually look to learn new things.
- Collaboration: demonstrate a strong desire to work together sharing, knowledge and skill to get the best outcome for our customers and to build the team.
- Quality: strive to contribute/develop well-designed solutions that are elegant, efficient, and cost-effective.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline.
- min 7 – 10 years’ experience in software development;
- stand-out experience Python and/or Java (or other JVM languages);
- stand-out experience with database modelling and SQL;
- experience in large, complex software systems;
- experience with writing automated unit/end-to-end tests & promoting and establishing continuous integration and delivery;
- experience with a source control system (git preferred);
- ability to drive project design, analysis, specification and implementation across a team or teams;
- experience with core and some advanced Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda & Serverless, IAM, CloudFormation, ECS, RDS/Aurora);
- exceptional communication, conflict resolution & stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
Desirable Skill Set
- Experience with NoSQL (eg DynamoDB);
- Experience with RESTful web services;
- Experience with design patterns;
- Good understanding of or experience in financial markets or financial data;
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (eg. Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Current AWS Certifications highly desirable.
Required Skill Set
- Team player who actively contributes to SCRUM teams.
- Ability to use initiative and think creatively.
- Demonstrated success in delivery of software projects.
- Keeps up to date with technology trends and engineering best practices.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities including debugging & performance improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively in a small team.
- ability to work independently with initiative and a degree of autonomy, given broad direction.
- Collaboration skills – ability to adopt and encourage a cooperative approach to all internal and external relationships.
- Vocal: stands up for what they believe in rather than “go with the flow”.
- Passionate about technology.
- Continually educates themselves by reading industry blogs and attending Meetups, trying out new technologies and techniques.
If you would like to join our innovative team send your application to: