We seek a talented Senior Engineer who appreciates the value of a quality team, has an attention to detail and can roll up sleeves and deliver. This is a leadership role and needs strong communications and team building skills along with technical experience and expertise in AWS big data and Python/Java.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust, and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy, and society.
- Perform the Technical Lead function for a small-to-medium team: responsible for making technical decisions, providing conflict resolution, general guidance, proactively assisting and mentoring other developers within the team
- Contribute to estimation, architecture, scoping, risk analysis and planning of smaller projects
- Own and deliver stories independently during a sprint, including: estimation, design, coding, testing, documenting, and development automation
- Able to be the design authority and go-to person for one component in a project
- Actively participate in reviews and other team meetings, directing more junior engineers to make sound technical decisions
- Adhere to our standard software development process
- Ability to mentor other Software Engineers
- Ability to engage with end Clients & Customers
- Suggest process improvement initiatives that ensures the company maintains its quality standards while continuously improving development velocity
The Senior Engineer is expected to actively make a positive contribution to the culture of the Engineering team and should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion: show a passion for helping our customers and our colleagues.
- Curiosity: demonstrate an ability to gain a deep understanding of our customer’s problems and to continually look to learn new things.
- Collaboration: demonstrate a strong desire to work together sharing, knowledge and skill to get the best outcome for our customers and to build the team.
- Quality: strive to contribute/develop well-designed solutions that are elegant, efficient, and cost-effective.
Required Skill Set:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline (or equivalent experience);
- Min 6 years experience in software development on complex systems;
- Excellent Python and/or Java (or other JVM languages);
- Experience with database modelling and SQL;
- Experience with writing automated unit/end-to-end tests;
- Excellent experience with a source control system (git preferred);
- Ability to drive project design, analysis, specification and implementation;
- Experience with core and some advanced Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda & Serverless, IAM, CloudFormation, ECS, RDS/Aurora);
- Experience with Agile SCRUM methodology;
- Experience with REST API design and development
If you have the right set of skills and experience to make a difference, send your application to: