Senior Solutions Architect
A talented technical architect with a creative flair, a hands-on yet vitally consultative approach and great people skills who will work with our stakeholders to help define solution architectures and then contribute through full delivery life-cycle with developers as they work through design, build and test.
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, robust and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy and society.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or equivalent experience);
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience working on complex solutions from a range of industries and technical domains;
- Demonstrated experience in solution level ownership and history of close engagement with engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience creating scalable and secure application architectures using Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, API GW, CF)
- Sound experience with Hadoop ecosystem such as; HDFS, Hive, Spark, Spark Streaming, MapReduce
- Proven experience designing distributed APIs (HTTP/JSON ReSTful or SOAP/WSDL)
- Very strong experience in a range of database technologies (RDBMS and NoSQL) through specification of data models, solutions, ETL processes, migration and performance analysis
- Previous strong development skills in two major languages (e.g. Python, Java/JEE or Scala)
- Strong currency in Unix environments for system management and diagnosis
- Excellent knowledge and experience with software development practices;
- Experience working with Git source control versioning;
You will demonstrate experience in:
- Acting as overall technology authority when required, executing proofs of concept and product selections, making recommendations on technology policy.
- Creating and documenting software architectures in consultation with Engineering Management and Development Leads on existing and new projects, ensuring the projects meet both long-term architectural goals and project requirements.
- Providing first hand supervision and guidance to designated Software Engineers on assigned activities.
- Install technical governance and custodianship over key interface definition and data models (logical and physical).
- Maintaining technical currency by contributing software changes or creating prototypes and proof of concepts to assist the company in assessing the relevance of technologies and solutions.
- Working within agile development teams during project delivery and ensuring work is visible and up to date on Sprint Boards or other tracking tools.
- Assisting the CTO in the preparation of project proposals
- Participation in project planning activities (estimation, scheduling, backlog maintenance).
If you’d like to join our innovative team send your application to: email@example.com