Full-stack Software Engineer
We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to produce quality software according to our development processes and standards within a project team that meets both functional and non-functional requirements.
As a full-stack software engineer, you are expected to apply practical technical knowledge of test-driven software development patterns/practices on multiple programming languages utilising AWS Cloud (essential).
In addition to software engineering, the role involves an active engagement during estimation, design sessions, generating proofs of concept etc. in accordance with agile development methodologies.
Ideally, you will have consulting experience and possess the ability to work onsite with customers and at RoZetta Technology office. The role also involves the ability to work unsupervised and as a member of a collaborative cross-functional team that is adaptable to various roles within a team (developer, QA, DevOps).
RoZetta Technology is a world-leading big data and advanced analytics information architecture company, and an advanced AWS Consulting Partner. Our systems provide the bedrock of scalable, solid and reliable data-focused software platforms. Our projects shift perspectives to provide understanding and purpose to what was once just data. We exist to create value for our customers and to affect positive change in business, industry, economy and society.
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, engineering or relevant discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Six to eight years’ experience in software development
- At least four years working as a full-stack engineer
- Strengths in one or more statically typed OO languages (Java/Scala/Kotlin preferred)
- Solid experience with dynamically typed languages (especially Python, NodeJS)
- Strong API and micro services development experience
- At least two years’ experience working with big data (Spark, DataBricks, Athena, Presto, S3) and other (DynamoDB, Redis) data storage technologies in AWS
- Solid understanding of data storage technologies
- At least three years’ experience of core Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, API GW, Lambda)
- Experience developing front end applications utilising React
- Hands on experience with SaSS, CSS3, HTML5
- Experience with databases RDBMS, no-SQL and in-memory databases (Redis)
- Experience in large/complex software systems
- Experience with writing automated unit/end-to-end tests
- Experience with a source control system (git preferred)
- Ability to drive project design, analysis, specification and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to disseminate complex requirements to easy instructions
You may also have:
- AWS Certifications (Developer Associate)
- Experience with data warehouse (Snowflake, Redshift)
- Consulting backgrounds and ability to interact with key client contacts
- Experience with ML/AI
- Experience streaming an event driven application development (SQS, Kinesis Stream, Kafka, Spark Stream)
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with design patterns and software architecture
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, CodePipeline).
You will demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to stand up for what you believe in rather than going with the flow
- A team mentality and active contribution to SCRUM teams
- Ability to use initiative and think creatively
- Success in delivery of software projects
- Passion that sees you keep up to date with technology trends and engineering best practices by reading industry blogs and attending Meetups, trying out new technologies and techniques
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities including debugging and performance improvements
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a small team
- Ability to work independently with initiative and a degree of autonomy, given broad direction
- Strong collaboration skills.
If you’d like to join our innovative team send your application to: email@example.com